Getting married seems like a task nowadays, especially when there are so many expectations and standards to fulfill. I got married, in November 2019(thank god it was before the pandemic hit) and I observed one thing, that a wedding changes the dynamics of your routine as their is so much to do that no matter how many days are given for the preparations, those days seem less. From finalizing the dates to fixing the venue, from shortlisting the guests to finalizing the invites and distributing them, from selecting the clothes to spending a bomb buying them, from finalizing the giveaways to making sure no one goes empty handed(Indian weddings, I tell you) and what not. After spending a bomb on the wedding and pre-wedding functions, dancing my heart out, posing endless times in front of the camera and changing into heavy clothes . Soon after the wedding, my husband and I went to Singapore and Bali. Then, there was another wedding to attend and three months after that, the pandemic hit. Surely, my routine was a mess and it was high time that it was sorted out now. So I opened a journal and jotted down the things I needed to change
- I need to fix my sleeping schedule, I am constantly sleeping late and waking up early so, I can’t get enough sleep, which is affecting my mind and body.
- Before the wedding preparations kicked in, I was constantly doing yoga, which helped me have a fit body as well as mind. I am now determined to find a yoga teacher and commence doing yoga everyday.
- I have a lot of clothes accumulated now, so, the clothes that I do not wear and are piled up in my wardrobe,which needs to be donated.
- I started an Instagram handle to post about my journey, my wedding and my trips, but unfortunately because of lack of really good captions, I was not in a mood to post. But recently, I found a page which has a lot of different captions, so now I can post pictures with good captions and make my Instagram more appealing. Click Here to know more.
- I need to get in touch with my studies. Earlier, I had the habit of reading novels and newspaper but all went haywire after the wedding, so I need to re-develop my old habit of reading.
- Since I got married, my workload increased and I had to spend time in doing household chores and my job, so, I was unable to take some ‘me’ time out, in which I used to do anything that relaxed me or sometimes, nothing at all. Just because we all are swamped with work, doesn’t mean that we cannot take out some time for our own selves.
- Although I might not be that good at it, but I really enjoyed dancing, on weekends I used to take dance classes but post marriage I just couldn’t do that, so taking advantage of the online classes scenario, I will surely learn dancing again.
- I lost contact with some of my closest friends as I was really busy, I wish to re-connect with them.
Fixing these things might bring a little more stability in my life because absence of these points were putting me in a turmoil. Moreover, having a balanced life is absolutely mandatory to live a peaceful, blissful and joyous life.