The Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS) is a Government of India sponsored little savings to conspire that permits the financial specialist (s) to save (spare) a particular sum each month. In this way, interest is added to this investment at the material rate and paid out to the depositor(s) on a month to month premise. If you have any monthly income scheme currently and you want to review your monthly income amount per month on the maturity of your investment, you can try the MIS Calculator tool to take a look at the amount you must be received at the time of maturity.
Key Features of Post Office Monthly Income Scheme:
The development time frame for the Monthly Income Scheme is 5 years. In this way, the client ought to in a perfect world pull back the sum after this length. Toward the end of the term, the client will get every one of the assets that were put resources into the plan. He/she will likewise get the advantage of the fixed month to month salary for the total term.
On the off chance that the client is constrained to pull back the assets before 5 years, the accompanying advantages will be payable:
- Deposit withdrawal inside 1 year – The client gets no advantages.
- Deposit withdrawal somewhere in the range of 1 and 3 years – The client gets the whole deposit after an ostensible finding of 2% as punishment.
- Deposit withdrawal following 3 years – The client gets the whole deposit after an ostensible finding of 1% as punishment.
Other critical highlights of the plan incorporate the accompanying:
- The investment is totally hazard-free.
- The client can decide to select another person to get the advantages in case of his/her deplorable demise.
- The plan gives the choice of a common deposit into which the assets can be moved.
- Indeed, even minors can put resources into POMIS.
- The POMIS account can be moved to start with one post office then onto the next, completely liberated from cost.
- For each deposit the client makes at the post office, a different account should be opened. The bit of leeway here is that one individual can open various accounts, up to the most extreme conceivable account balance utmost of Rs.4.5 lakh. This is the aggregate sum that can be contributed by the client, including his/her offer in every shared service.
- The development sum that is gotten toward the end of the investment term can be reinvested in POMIS.
- There is no Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) for this plan. Be that as it may, the interest earned through the investment in the plan are taxable.
- The sum that is put resources into POMIS isn’t qualified for tax discounts under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- The account can be opened by a check or money. On the off chance that the client decides to give the underlying installment through a check, the date of acknowledgment of the check-in the Government account will be the date of opening of the client’s account.
- A shared service can be opened by a few grown-ups. All the account holders in the shared service have an equivalent offer. A solitary account can be changed over to a shared service if necessary. The turn around is additionally conceivable.